Agile Planning to Invest for Growth
4 Hour(s) - CPE Credit(s)
Agile Planning enables organizations to continually look for growth opportunities. It does this by shifting from a once per year annual capital planning process into a continuous planning process. This Part 2 workshop explores the process changes needed to always be ready to invest from growth. It builds on the work completed in Part 1: Improving Continuing Operations which informs the team of what funding can be provided from existing operations. This workshop focuses on understanding those levels and determining the optimal ways to invest them.
Organizations have a constant need for renewal. This shift to Agile Planning focuses on developing a continuous process of making sure that your organization is always getting better at a faster rate than your competition (including those that you may not even be aware of yet).
Attendees will expand their skill sets by learning how to:
- Use models to understand investment levels, cash flows, and the parameters of the process.
- Identify capital required to be used before growth opportunities such as maintenance capital and required expenditures such as to meet regulatory requirements.
- Deploy ways to better select and run projects by implementing ways to reduce implementation risks throughout the project life cycle, such as:
- Understanding what must be true
- Utilizing agile approaches to focus on outcomes and
- Increasing customer feedback.
- Identify how to make sure that change steps are in place to track from development to roll-out and all the way to delivering successful results.