Effective Scenario Planning to Become Future Ready Now
4 Hour(s) - CPE Credit(s)
The continued pandemic world has led many finance teams to realize that traditional budgeting fails to meet management’s business needs. Many have turned to scenario planning to help deal with uncertainty and fast changing circumstances. But scenario planning only helps if implemented correctly. This hands-on workshop shows how to effectively implement scenario planning in your organization.
To become more effective at using scenario planning, attendees will
- Review the basic seven step implementation process to implement scenario planning.
- Explore what upside and downside scenarios should be considered and discuss how to prioritize which should be planned first.
- Examine the role of leading indicators and how to develop early warning systems to help anticipate needed actions.
- Use hands-on activities to help identify your needed action plans to prepare rapid response action plans as scenarios develop and how to find and close any gaps in your game plans.
- Discuss how to integrate scenario planning into your overall planning process to ensure a higher return on your planning activities including learning how to become “future ready.”