How to Upgrade Your Client Base to Optimize Profits
Field of Study:
2 Hour(s) - CPE Credit(s)
For many CPA firms, the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a burst of new clients with many businesses needing the expertise of accountants to remain solvent. A lot of CPAs are reluctant to fire clients, and continue to work with “D” clients year after year. Add to this situation the perennial focus on work-life balance and the staffing shortage. More than ever, CPAs need to focus on and get paid for working with their best clients.
Upgrade your client base to optimize profits by retaining your best clients, obtaining more ideal clients, and transitioning out your worst clients.
Attend this session and learn:
- How to measure the impact of client retention on your bottom line.
- Practical client retention strategies you can apply at your firm.
- How to analyze your client base and identify the clients to transition out of your firm.
- How and when to transition clients out of your firm.
- How client retention can improve staff retention.
Advance Preparation (recommended):
Prepare a spreadsheet/report of your client base segmented between individual and corporate clients. Include as much information as possible:
• Fee history (three years)
• Realization (three years)
• Payment history
• Services provided
• Timing of the work
You will refer to your spreadsheet/report throughout the webinar to get you started on the action steps needed to upgrade your client base.