Island Plastic Bags: A Case Study in Sustainability Reporting
Field of Study:
1 Hour(s) - CPE Credit(s)
How sustainable a company is has become increasingly important to customers, employees, and investors. Customers are adding sustainability targets to bids on their business. Consumers purchase products that align with their values. Potential employees consider their prospective employer’s position on ESG (environmental, social, and governance) issues before accepting positions. Investors are looking for debt and equity opportunities that allow them to invest in products and services that will transition us all to a lower carbon economy.
Demonstrating that your company has a firm understanding of its impact on the environment and society provides credibility in dealing with these stakeholders. Unfortunately, the process of publishing a sustainability report is daunting. There are a myriad of different frameworks, topics, and metrics to report on. This webinar is designed to cut through the noise and provide you with a path to issuing your first sustainability report. The webinar is framed as a case study of a small business that went through its own sustainability reporting process.
Attend this session and learn how to:
- Help you determine the purpose of reporting.
- Identify material topics to report on.
- Identify metrics that measure your progress on material topics.
- Know which data to gather to calculate the metrics.
- Help you draft and publish your sustainability report
The following topics will be covered during the webinar:
- ESG Ratings
- Sustainability Standards/Frameworks
- Greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) accounting
- Drafting and publishing sustainability reports
- Goal Setting