The Center for Accounting Transformation’s Advisory Board for Finance serves to help the Center provide strategic and tactical guidance to controllers and CFOs to help improve overall organizational performance.
The Advisory Board also helps define what “finance transformation” means and identifies solutions to help leaders enable their organizations to become future ready.
The guidance provided by this advisory board helps:
- Inform controllers and CFOs on strategic initiatives to consider for modernizing their finance department.
- Identify what automation and business practices “modern” finance departments should be using/following.
- Identify how Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) techniques and tools can help both make an organization more future-ready as well as improve organizational performance.
- Identify resources that are already in the market that can help to drive finance transformation.
- Identify areas where finance transformation content/guidance is needed.
- Identify new vendors or innovators that help to optimize or transform finance from a variety of perspectives which may include technology, policy, process, and talent.
- Identify key considerations when adapting techniques into the digital world.
- Align the efforts of the Center to complement and elevate the work being done by other industry associations and consultants.
Included in the advisory board’s mission is also the identification of content, courses, consultants, and communities that help to drive the discussion of the topics and identification of leading practices associated with the above topics.