The Center for Accounting Transformation’s Advisory Board for Finance serves to help the Center provide strategic and tactical guidance to controllers and CFOs to help improve overall organizational performance.
The Advisory Board also helps define what “finance transformation” means and identifies solutions to help leaders enable their organizations to become future ready.
The guidance provided by this advisory board helps:
- Inform controllers and CFOs on strategic initiatives to consider for modernizing their finance department.
- Identify what automation and business practices “modern” finance departments should be using/following.
- Identify how Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) techniques and tools can help both make an organization more future-ready as well as improve organizational performance.
- Identify resources that are already in the market that can help to drive finance transformation.
- Identify areas where finance transformation content/guidance is needed.
- Identify new vendors or innovators that help to optimize or transform finance from a variety of perspectives which may include technology, policy, process, and talent.
- Identify key considerations when adapting techniques into the digital world.
- Align the efforts of the Center to complement and elevate the work being done by other industry associations and consultants.
Included in the advisory board’s mission is also the identification of content, courses, consultants, and communities that help to drive the discussion of the topics and identification of leading practices associated with the above topics.
Jennifer H. Elder, CPA, CMA, CIA, CFF, CGMA
Founder, The Sustainable CFO
Jennifer Elder, CSP, CPA is an executive coach who helps smart professionals transform from technically talented to strategically savvy. If you want more influence and impact, and be seen as a valued business partner, Jennifer will help you take deliberate actions to accelerate, expand and achieve your potential. Be seen, be heard, be valued!
As a keynote speaker, Jennifer understands the difference between information and influence. She has presented to over 15,000 people in all 50 states and 9 countries.
Jennifer is the co-author of “Faster Disaster Recovery” published in 2019 by John Wiley and Sons. CPA Practice Advisor named Jennifer one of the Top 25 Women in Accounting in 2018.
Jennifer earned the designation of Certified Speaking Professional (CSP). Making her one of only 15 people worldwide who hold both the CPA and CSP designations.
Angela K. Ho
Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer, OceanFirst Bank N.A.
Angela Ho is Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer at OceanFirst Bank N.A. and has held this position since joining the Bank in 2016. Prior to joining OceanFirst Bank, Angela was Vice President and Controller of Northfield Bank. Previously, she was Accounting Policy Manager at Signature Bank and a Senior Associate at KPMG LLP.
Angela is actively involved in community and industry organizations, including: Retail Opportunity Investment Corp., Board Member, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
She has a B.S. degree in Accounting from the University of Massachusetts Amherst and an MBA Degree from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Jessica Iennarella, CPA/CFF, CFE
Controller, State Bar of Arizona
Jessica Iennarella is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Fraud Examiner with a background in calculating economic damages and investigating employee dishonesty. She currently serves as Controller for the State Bar of Arizona, where her emphasis has been on interdepartmental collaboration to improve financial reporting and analysis.
As a graduate of the AICPA’s 2016 Leadership Academy, she is passionate about developing and evolving the profession. She is currently the Chair of the Arizona Society of CPA’s Leadership & Growth Alliance, immediate past chair of the AICPA’s Young Member Leadership Committee and an At-Large Council Member of the AICPA. Additionally, she teaches for both the ASCPA and AICPA, and is an active supporter of the Arizona Humane Society.
CEO, Fresh FP&A
Chris Ortega is CEO of Fresh FP&A which is a consultancy that helps businesses transform and scale their finance organization by providing fractional CFO and consulting services. Chris has over 17+ years’ experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, finance, FP&A and leadership. Chris’s background is building high growth SaaS startup to Enterprise businesses. Most recently leading an international SaaS marketing platform company through acquisition by SAP. He’s committed to utilizing his skills, passions, talents, and experiences to help others realize & achieve greatness.
Comprehensive expertise in:
- Fractional CFO & Business Advisory Services
- Building & Shaping Finance Organizations
- Financial Leadership & Strategic Direction
- Business Growth & Expansion
- People, Process and Partnership Transformation
- Platform, Performance and Profit Optimization Scale
- Thought Leadership, Management & Execution
Mary Yetto, CPA, CGMA
Assistant Controller, Goff Capital, Inc.
With her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting from Texas Tech University, Mary began her career as an audit associate with KPMG LLP and then became a senior auditor with Hartman Leito & Bolt LLP. She was an assurance manager with BDO USA, LLP, served as assistant vice president for a private company and is now in her current position. In 2018, Mary was a 40 Under 40 honoree from the Fort Worth Business Press.