Considered a world traveler, Donny Shimamoto enjoys life to the fullest. His days are filled with family, friends, delicious food, and spreading insights he learns along the way. But when detractors of innovation and transformation are on the rise, mild-mannered Donny turns into… >>
... Inspiration Architect. Battling external forces to bring about transformation and #improvetheworld, Donny processes a keen “spidey sense’ for sniffling out challenges and complexities. His recognition as an innovative thought leader drives his work to bring about peace of mind with a profound vision and clarity.
Donny Shimamoto, CPA, CITP, CGMA
The visionary behind the Center for Accounting Transformation, Donny is leading a movement to enable transformation and change the world for the better by empowering and equipping business and accounting professionals with leading-edge tools and techniques.
An innovative thought leader, Donny is dedicated to strategic growth and transformation and throughout his career, has gained invaluable knowledge and exposure to a wide range of industries and sectors allowing him to harness the unique ability to bridge between business and technology.
In 2001, Donny founded IntrapriseTechknowlogies LLC, a specialized CPA firm dedicated to helping small businesses and middle market organizations leverage strategic technologies, proactively manage their business and technical risks, and enable balanced organizational growth, and development. Donny also works with larger organizations as a trusted business advisor, facilitating organizational strategic planning and execution, IT governance and planning, enterprise architecture, information architecture and assurance, business process improvement, and business intelligence initiatives.
- B.B.A. in Accounting & Management Information Systems, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI (1997)
- Certified Public Accountant, Hawaii (2001)
- Certified Information Technology Professional, AICPA (2005)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant, AICPA & CIMA (2012)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
2023 – present: Tax Profession Strategic Advisory Group | 2021 – present: Chair – National Conference of Lawyers and CPAs (2014 – present: Member) | 2015 – present: CGMA Webcast Task Force | Discussion Leader for Artificial Intelligence (December 2016) and Cybersecurity (November 2018) | 2014 – 2016: Nominations Committee | 2011 – 2014: Chair, Information Management & Technology Assurance Executive Committee | 2010 – 2013: At-Large Member – Governing Council | 2009 – 2012: Assurance Services Executive Committee | 2009 – 2011: Co-Chair – Business Intelligence Working Group | 2006 – 2009: Information Technology Executive Committee | Other activities and leadership positions: ASEC Emerging Technologies Taskforce, ITEC Business Intelligence Working Group (Co-Chair), CGMA Webcast Taskforce, CITP Redesign Task Force, CPA Horizons 2025 Advisory Panel, EDGE Conference Steering Committee, Emerging Technologies Task Force, IT Competency Model Task Force, Risk-Based Auditing (IT Considerations) Working Group, TECH+ Conference Steering Committee
- Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants (HSCPA)
2002 – present: member | 2010 – 2014: Board of Directors | 2008 – 2010: Chair, Technology Advocacy Committee
- Member: Houston Society of CPAs, IIA Hawaii Chapter, ISACA Hawaii Chapter, Texas Society of CPAs
- Member: Information Systems And Control Association (ISACA)
- Member: Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Member: Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
2019 – 2022, Technology Advisory Group
- 2022: Canopy List of Accounting Influencers
- 2012 – 2023: Top 25 Thought Leaders in Public Accounting, CPA Practice Advisor Magazine
- 2017 – 2022: Top 100 Most Influential People, Accounting Today
- 2016: Standing Ovation award, Information Management & Technology Assurance Division, AICPA
- 2013 & 2014: Top 100 Most Influential People, Accounting Today
- 2014: Top “40 Under 40”, CPA Practice Advisor Magazine
- 2012: Maximo Mukalebai Award for Outstanding Service to the CPA Profession, AICPA
- 2010: President’s Award, Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants
- 2004: Top Technology Leader, Pacific Business News
- 2007, 2009, 2014: Top “40 Under 40” CPA Technology Professionals, CPA Technology Advisor Magazine