Mild-mannered Donny turned into ... >>
Donny Shimamoto, CPA, CITP, CGMA
The visionary behind the Center for Accounting Transformation, Donny is leading a movement to enable transformation and change the world for the better by empowering and equipping business and accounting professionals with leading-edge tools and techniques.
An innovative thought leader, Donny is dedicated to strategic growth and transformation and throughout his career, has gained invaluable knowledge and exposure to a wide range of industries and sectors allowing him to harness the unique ability to bridge between business and technology.
In 2001, Donny founded IntrapriseTechknowlogies LLC, a specialized CPA firm dedicated to helping small businesses and middle market organizations leverage strategic technologies, proactively manage their business and technical risks, and enable balanced organizational growth, and development. Donny also works with larger organizations as a trusted business advisor, facilitating organizational strategic planning and execution, IT governance and planning, enterprise architecture, information architecture and assurance, business process improvement, and business intelligence initiatives.
- B.B.A. in Accounting & Management Information Systems, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI (1997)
- Certified Public Accountant, Hawaii (2001)
- Certified Information Technology Professional, AICPA (2005)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant, AICPA & CIMA (2012)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
2015 – present: CGMA Webcast Task Force | 2014 – present: Member – National Conference of Lawyers and CPAs Chair (2021 – present) | Discussion Leader for Artificial Intelligence (December 2016) and Cybersecurity (November 2018) | 2014 – 2016: Nominations Committee | 2011 – 2014: Chair, Information Management & Technology Assurance Executive Committee | 2010 – 2013: At-Large Member – Governing Council | 2009 – 2012: Assurance Services Executive Committee | 2009 – 2011: Co-Chair – Business Intelligence Working Group | 2006 – 2009: Information Technology Executive Committee | Other activities and leadership positions: CITP Redesign Task Force, CPA Horizons 2025 Advisory Panel, EDGE Conference Steering Committee, Emerging Technologies Task Force, IT Competency Model Task Force, Risk-Based Auditing (IT Considerations) Working Group, TECH+ Conference Steering Committee
- Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants (HSCPA)
2002 – present: member | 2010 – 2014: Board of Directors | 2008 – 2010: Chair, Technology Advocacy Committee
- Member: Houston Society of CPAs, IIA Hawaii Chapter, ISACA Hawaii Chapter, Texas Society of CPAs
- 2012 – 2022: Top 25 Thought Leaders in Public Accounting, CPA Practice Advisor Magazine
- 2017 – 2021: Top 100 Most Influential People, Accounting Today
- 2016: Standing Ovation award, Information Management & Technology Assurance Division, AICPA
- 2013 & 2014: Top 100 Most Influential People, Accounting Today
- 2014: Top “40 Under 40”, CPA Practice Advisor Magazine
- 2012: Maximo Mukalebai Award for Outstanding Service to the CPA Profession, AICPA
- 2010: President’s Award, Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants
- 2004: Top Technology Leader, Pacific Business News
- 2007, 2009, 2014: Top “40 Under 40” CPA Technology Professionals, CPA Technology Advisor Magazine